Milk, Powdered Non-fat Dry, 15 ounces
Water, cold 4-1/2 Quarts
Sugar, 1 pound 2 ounces
Vanilla flavoring, 2 Tablespoons
Salt, 1/2 pinch
Cocoa Powder, 6-3/4 ounces
Eggs, 14-1/2 ounces
Butter, 4-1/2 ounces
1. Mix Powdered Milk and water together.
2. Combine milk and 4 ounces of the sugar, and salt; bring to boil. DO NOT SCORCH MILK
3. Add vanilla flavoring to the hot milk. Allow to steep 15 minutes off the heat.
4. Sift the remainder of the sugar, cornstarch, & cocoa powder together, mix in eggs.
5. Add some of the hot milk to temper it. Mix well; return egg mixture to remaining hot milk.
6. Bring to a second boil, remove from heat, stir in butter.
7. Pour into cups. Chill thoroughly.